Sunday, March 30, 2014

I'm Back!

Oh man... so I don't even know where to start. I've been gone for more than a year. I have so much stuff to post!

Maybe we can start with Hawaii? Christmas 2012 was spent in Kona, Hawaii with my awesome family. It was a good halfway point since David was (still is!) in Japan. We had a really amazing time.


Aren't they a handsome bunch?


For Mother's Day, I sent Mom a simple pen and watercolor of one of our favorites - Hapuna Beach, along the northwest coast of the big island.





 Here's the ink drawing, taped off for watercolors:



And the final product:

"Hapuna Beach" Ink and watercolor on paper, 5x7  

There's something simple and low-pressure about watercolors... it makes sense that so many children's books are illustrated like this. 

Stay tuned for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment