Thursday, April 17, 2014

Invites

So.... arts and crafts, man. 

Last summer a really old and dear friend of mine was married in Portland. My mom hosted her bridal shower and I hated that I couldn't make it.* The best way I knew to help out was to take care of the invitations:





It's not really "art," exactly, but certainly a creative project that I enjoyed. Just a 50-pack of plain brown cards and envelopes (I sliced each notecard in half and rounded the corners using a corner-cutting stamp) and a few silver paint pens from A.C. Moore. My hand was pretty tired by the end of the night, but I like how they turned out.

*to her shower, I mean. I was a bridesmaid at her wedding and - I'd like to be very clear here - we rocked PDX that weekend.

Next post: 2013 Europe trip!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment